Friday, April 30, 2010

Cavemen did yoga, right?



I have been amazed with my feats of strength this week due to, I believe, the Paleo Diet. I have gone to Yoga class the past two evenings and I've been able to hold poses that I have never been able to do. And I haven't been to a yoga class in three years! I am amazed by how strong I find myself becoming. I think I owe a great deal of this newfound strength to primal eating.

I ran a 5K in October prior to my hunter-gatherer diet. My time was 35 minutes (very, very slow, but nonetheless an accomplishment for me). I was able to run a 5 mile race on Sunday in 55 minutes, knocking about 20 seconds+ off each mile. This amount of time is incredible, especially for such a short race.

If cavemen didn't run footraces and practice yoga, they definitely should have, because they would have kicked my butt at it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment