Friday, April 30, 2010

My Month as a Paleo Eater: A Review

I began this blog to document the month of April. I decided I would try to challenge myself for the month and eat a primal diet to see if I noticed any changes. It's hard to believe that my 30 days are up, and my plan is to continue on this eating plan. Here's what I've noticed in just 4 short weeks:

-I've lost 8 pounds the past month eating a Paleo diet (for 20 pounds total loss)
-My Psoriasis is almost entirely gone for my elbows
-My acne is slowing going away and my complexion is evening out
-I am beginning to look leaner, on top of the weight loss
-My head is clear every day and the afternoon slump or a food coma are things of the past
-I wake up in the mornings feeling refreshed
-I've been sleeping more soundly
-I feel more positive. I know that sounds weird, but I feel less irritable and depressed
-Food definitely tastes BETTER because my taste buds are adjusting to life with less salt and sugar
-My digestive system works like clockwork now, daily
-I really appreciate the meals that I eat that are non-Paleo (pizza, yum!)
-My athletic fitness levels have skyrocketed

I am really starting to see the connection between what I put into my body and what I get in return. When I put only the best quality, non-processed foods in, I get unparalleled energy and fitness in return. The food truly works like fuel. It seems so simple, yet it has taken me 25 years to figure this out.

It has been difficult to not tell the world how great I'm feeling and try to persuade them to do the same. I think that I really do have a slight grain or dairy allergy. Whenever I have a non-Paleo meal, I can tell a difference for the entire next day (my digestion is off, I get bloated, my Psoriasis returns, etc.).

To celebrate my month of Paleo eating, I bought my self a very big treat (and a partially belated bday gift):



Watch out blogosphere! I now own a FOOD PROCESSOR! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment