Thursday, April 15, 2010

Paleo Dessert? Yes, it's possible!



Tonight it hit me. I NEED A DESSERT! I almost cracked and had my husband make homemade chocolate chip cookies, but I knew I would beat myself up for it later. So, yet again, I turned to my trusty friend Google for advice. I found a recipe for a Paleo dessert that will knock your socks off.

Paleo Fruit Crisp

2- 15 oz. cans of Peaches in juice, drained
1 small package fresh raspberries
1 small package fresh blackberries
1/2 c. almond flour
1 c. pecans
1/4 c. prunes
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, blend prunes and almond flour. Add pecans and cinnamon, blend. In an oven safe bowl (I used a casserole dish) add fruit, stir together. Put the almond prune mixture on top and press down. Bake for about 30 minutes. The recipe I found called for Stevia, but this was so good it didn't need added sugar. You won't regret it, I promise. :)

3 comments:

  1. Beth, I tried this last night and I thought it was great! Dad, of course, thought it needed ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had the exact same thought about the ice cream. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... I was just reading about Paleo ice cream made with Coconut Milk and Agave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Yum! Will definitely try this! I caved tonight and made the cookies :-0 Baby steps, baby steps.

    ReplyDelete