Friday, April 23, 2010

Put the chicken in the coconut and eat it on up!



I found recipes similar to this one on several different blogs and this is my latest craving. This has become my husband and I's quick meal because it really takes NO TIME AT ALL to prepare. Plus, once you go Paleo, the ingredients are all stuff you have on hand.

PALEO CHICKEN FINGERS (Paleo Fried Chicken)


The Fixings:
Chicken Breast (this recipe will be for 1 lbs)
approx. 1/4 c. almond flour
approx. 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut (sweetened works too, it just isn't as good for you)
2-3 egg whites, beaten
1-2 Tbsp. Canola or Olive Oil

Cut chicken into tender-sized strips. Heat oil in a large skillet. Dredge the chicken in flour, then egg, then coconut and place in frying pan. Cook on each side until coconut is golden brown on both sides and the chicken is cooked all the way through.

This is delicious especially with homemade barbecue sauce! I can't get enough of these chicken tenders. The sweetness of the almond flour and the coconut makes these incredible. I keep thinking they would be great in a salad too...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I can just imagine those on a salad. I have been poking around on your blog and it great,
    but. . . you need to dump the Canola oil. I see that you mention it in many recipes. Not good stuff. :( Have you tried coconut oil yet? It is fabulous and would be great with these.

    ReplyDelete