Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Smooth Operator...

I stole this breakfast idea from my friend Lauren's blog and I've made it my own. Every morning I take whatever fruit I have around the house and add it to the smoothie. Today, I added a brown banana, a few days ago I added a peach. Just add in whatever. The more variety of fruits and veggies you eat, the more nutrients you take in.



Ingredients:
1/4 c. almond milk
handful of ice cubes
1 c. frozen blueberries (I've also used a berry medley- frozen)
1/4-1/2 an avocado
1/2-1 c. Kale, cut off stem and boiled for one minute to soften

Sometimes I also add in Good Belly probiotic to my smoothie. You could also add Whey Protein. I know the pictures aren't that great because I took them with my cellphone. I also realize that it sounds gross putting the Kale in the smoothie, but trust me on this one. You won't know it's there. When everything's blended together you have a delicious blueberry smoothie.

Blend everything together and, mister, you've got yourself a smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment