Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Carnivore's Dinner...

Okay so maybe really an omnivore's dinner, but still.  We have never made ribs at home, so this was a big endeavor.  I got the idea for braising pork ribs from Cosmopolitan Primal Girl's blog.  I have made the recipe my own, but I used her braising process since I am a braising virgin.




Braised Pork Ribs
1 package bone-in pork ribs (mine was 4 lbs.)
3 Tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dillweed
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 30 oz. jug(?) of low-sodium chicken broth

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.  Combine all spices together in a small bowl.  Rub the spices on all sides of ribs.  Place in a baking dish with sides.  Fill the surrounding areas of the pan with the chicken broth (till it comes to the top of the ribs-ish).  Cover with tin foil.  Allow to braise in the oven for 2-3 hours or until meat starts to pull away from the bone.  Cosmo Primal Girl suggests braising it beforehand, putting it in the fridge and finishing the process the next day or so.  When braising is complete, preheat BBQ grill to a medium heat.  Place ribs on grill for a few minutes each side.  Drool while ribs are grilling.

By no means are ribs a healthy dinner.  I figured since we are running a 10K race tomorrow morning, it would okay to indulge slightly, and to stock up on some protein, right?  :)  At least that is the way I am rationalizing it in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment