Monday, May 3, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken

This is what is brewing at home right now. I can't wait to get home this evening and dig in!



The fixin's:

1 whole chicken (mine was 3.5 lbs. I believe)
7ish garlic cloves, peeled, but whole
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cilantro
1 lemon, cut into slices
1/4 c. parsley
1/4 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. rosemary
approximately a Tbsp of freshly ground pepper
2 c. water

1. Place thawed chicken (with innards removed) in crock pot. Drizzle olive oil over chicken.
2. This is the fun part: Throw, gently toss, or if you are lame, place, the remaining ingredients around/on top of the chicken.
3. I turned my crock pot on low for 8 hours, but you could also cook on high for 4 hours. Make sure you check the internal temperature before eating. Also, eat lean; avoid the skin.

Serve with the veggies of your choice. You can thank me for this later in the comments section. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment