Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crock Pot Comfort

Last night I awoke with a 102 degree fever. Needless to say, I didn't go to work today. Unfortunately I have a big award ceremony that I am putting on this evening that I have to attend. To make myself feel better after my night of unrest, I needed one of two things: either a mother or comfort food. Since my mom lives an hour and half away (and I think is in Disneyland with her grandkids right now anyways (out with the old in with the new so to speak) ), it looks like I will be eating my feelings. :)

My favorite part of traditional roast is the potatoes. Since those are not exactly paleo, I'm placing all my faith that these apples will fill the void.

Crock Pot Comfort Chicken

1 whole chicken
3 c. water
1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. black pepper
2-3 apples cut into large chunks
3-4 celery stalks
3-4 carrots

Cover the bottom surface with oil. Place celery and carrots on the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top of veggies. Add spices, water, and apples. Cook either on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Enjoy!

Here's to being fever-free sooner rather than later...

P.S.  Might I also add that my Mom never took me to Disneyland.  Sad panda.  Stupid grandkids...  jk

1 comment: