Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Lunchtime Blues

Frequently my husband I will make large dinners and eat the leftovers for lunch.  There are those evenings though when we don't have leftovers, or worse, we go out and there is nothing left for lunch.  Prior to eating paleo, the easy solution for this was a can of soup or a frozen lunch.  Now that we are eating significantly healthier, what are we to do for a quick lunch?

I am not someone that can just eat a piece of fruit for lunch.  I need to feel like I ate a meal, which usually means meat. 

First Idea:
Always have either salad greens or a head of lettuce and lunch meat on hand.  I will throw together salads with the "accent" veggies in my fridge, rip up some good and healthy lunch meat (not the greatest but it beats a Lean Cuisine), drizzle some olive oil, freshly ground pepper, and squeeze a lemon on top.  Abra Cadabra!  You got a salad!

Second Idea:
Put lunch meat in a lettuce leaf with something like guacamole, avocado slices, tomatoes, etc.  Wrap it up to make a lettuce wrap and enjoy!

Third Idea:
Cut up apple and avocadoes.  Wrap the cut up veggies in a slice of lunch meat.  This "roll" or "wrap" is delicious, fast, and portable.

What are your favorite in a bind lunch options?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment