Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Quick Curry Soup


I got the idea for this from Everyday Paleo. I had a TON of veggies in my fridge that were starting to go bad. Nothing makes me feel worse than throwing away a moldy or rotten vegetable. I decided to follow her recipe, but add in my own vegetables because I did not have the same leftover vegetables.

Curry Soup

1 lb. ground meat (I only had ground elk)
1 yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
4 Tbsp. Curry Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Ginger
3 minced Garlic cloves
1 tsp. Tarragon
30 oz. almond or coconut milk
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 carrot, coined
1 yellow squash, coined
1/2 cucumber, coined
1 c. chopped mushrooms

In a large stock pot, heat the oil and onions for a few minutes. Add meat, brown. Add spices to beef mixture. Add milk and vegetables. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5-7 mins or until veggies are somewhat soft. Serve with cilantro as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment