Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Words of Encouragement

"Have you lost weight?" might be the 4 best words in the English language. Over the last two days, I've had 4 random coworkers come up to me with this question. Why yes, yes I have.

While I know that many might find it rude or awkward to remark on someone's weight (especially if you don't know them that well); I find it so encouraging. It is what is keeping me going. I decided to eat a Paleo diet not just because of weight loss, but also to help with my skin. I feel so great on the inside- alert, happy, energetic- that I love hearing that it is translating to the outside as well.

Find someone you know who's been working hard and tell them they look! It's the small things that keep us all going... :)

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I'm thrilled that Primal Eating is working so well for you! I'm torn sometimes when people on comment on my weight..on one hand I'm like yay...yes, I look fabulous! and then on the other hand I'm like....wait, did i look like crap before??
    LOL
    We're never happy!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I couldn't agree more! I actually thought about that after my post. I guess I don't care though, the good thing is that you look good now, right? jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately I've had people at work not asking if I've lost weight (though I have lost 25 lbs), but why I'm dressed so nice. I respond with "because I can fit in my clothes again".

    ReplyDelete