Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Drunken Caveman

Sometimes, you need to drink.  If you're like me, sometimes your job requires drinking (once you get home from work, of course).  While the kids drive me to the bottle sometimes (I jest), I have been trying to find a way to make this paleo.

Solutions?

Red Wine
While there is definitely some sugar in red wine, it is minimal compared to hard alcohol.  I think having an occasional glass of red wine with dinner or after a hard day is perfectly fine.

Beer
I think that beer, like all alcohol, is great in moderation.  "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Ben Franklin.  Now that, is my kind of man!  Again, beer does have sugar and carbs, but in moderation, it's cool.

Homemade Margaritas
I've never made these, but I've heard paleoritas are acceptable.  You mix tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave honey, and ice together.

What are you favorite ways to unwind and embrace your inner (drunken) caveman?  :)  What are your thoughts on alcohol while eating primally?

No comments:

Post a Comment