Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I've Got a Hankerin'

for some fruits and veggies!  It's amazing to me how after a few days of eating crap for 3 days on vacation and at our field trip how terrible I feel.  It's beyond guilt for not eating right; its disgust after every meal because I feel physically ill. 

Yesterday at the amusement park I ate part of a funnel cake (which I shared with several people).  I spent the rest of the day feel torn between thinking I would get explosive diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting.  So not worth it. 

Last night, even though our field trip was not over till close 7 pm, my husband and I were making faces at the thought of grabbing something "quick to eat".  We knew the fast food would make us feel worse.  We were both craving fruits and vegetables in a major kind of way.  If I had to eat another piece of dough, I was gonna go crazy. 

We stopped at the grocery store and got our new version of fast food:  prewashed and cut salad, presliced chicken breast, and an avocado.  We grilled the chicken, dumped it on the salad, cut up the avo, and ate a bomb salad.  It probably didn't really take much more time than going through a drive thru, but man, did it hit the spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment