Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh! Too Spicy!

I was marveling at my spice cabinet today.  It's rare that I take the time to do this (as you may expect).  Since I've been eating paleo, a whole new spice world has opened up for me (and I'm not talking about a crappy British pop band that came out when I was in 7th grade).


But for real.  I'm amazed at all the new spices I try out every week.  Before turning paleo, my staples were oregano, garlic salt, and celtic sea salt.  I've recently tried out garam masala, curry powder, allspice, tumeric, taragon, and cloves (not all in the same recipe).  I am quickly running out of room for my spices, but I am addicted.  I can't stop flavoring!  I use freshly ground pepper like its my job now.  I'm curious; what other spices should I open my eyes (or tastebuds) to?   I need suggestions!  Like a crack addict, I need my fix...  I think I might snort paprika.  Just kidding.  But, maybe...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth--

    Here is a recipe you could try out:

    Chicken Satay

    2-4 chicken breasts (depending on size)
    1 teaspoon turmeric
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    ½ teaspoon ground ginger
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    ½ teaspoon red chili powder
    ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
    ¼ teaspoon black pepper

    Slice chicken breasts into "fingers" and thread on soaked bamboo skewers, Mix spices together and sprinkle on chicken, then grill for about 10 minutes, or until done. Serve with 1/2 cup coconut milk mixed with 1/4 cup almond butter. Yum! I am making this tonight as an appetizer--If I'm motivated, maybe I will post pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara! When I get back in town I will try this out. You always have the greatest recipes, I can't wait... :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete