Monday, June 7, 2010

Ranch Dressing

Sorry I haven't posted all weekend.  My husband and I were in Vail, Colorado this weekend for his bike race at the Teva Mountain Games. 

I do have a quick (and in my opinion hilarious) story about today.  I am a teacher (as mentioned before) and today we took our students to an amusement park for a field trip for the last day of school.  I tried to get a healthy meal for lunch (which turns out is extremely challenging at an amusement park).  I went to the Subway at the concession stand booth.  I asked if I could get a salad in lieu of a sandwich.  The lady responded with "A salad?  You sure?  We don't got no Ranch dressing!"  To which her fellow coworker gave me instructions on how somewhere a quarter mile away there was another concession stand with Ranch dressing.  I said, "Do you have oil and vinegar?"  yes.  "Then I'm fine."

Who would have thought- a salad without Ranch dressing?

2 comments:

  1. I love your ranch dressing story! That is just too funny and sad at the same time.
    I'm going to try your tilapia recipe- yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought it was pretty funny and sad at the same time too! Thanks for reading my blog! I'd love to hear how the talapia turns out for you :)

    ReplyDelete