Thursday, June 10, 2010

Running away to Paleo-ritaville








Greetings my fellow cavemen and women,
(this is meg... beth's best friend who she has roped into her new found paleolithic life).

Our husbands have a standing mountain bike date every week and we have a standing running date that is usually followed by dinner.
Tonight we met at my house and planned a mexi-paleo feast so we started with drinks and you can thank us now for this kick ass Margarita recipe:

1 cup lime juice (we cheated and used a bottled juice, with just one fresh lime squeezed)
4 shots Tequila
4 Tbl spoons of Agave sweetener
3 cups ice (we like ours blended)
6 oz Pineapple juice (1small can)
dash of cinnamon and all-spice (trust me)
zest of one lemon and one lime
blend it all up or pour over ice and enjoy
*for anyone who is local I would venture to boast that this recipe puts the Blue Bonnet to shame

We're following our drinks with lettuce wrapped fajitas and I'll post the recipe for that later...

Sorry the pics are a little shaky and crappy, but we took them with our cellphone.  Here are some updated photos:






2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg and Beth!

    Those look like just the thing for Friday--Thank you! I just have to say again how much I am enjoying your blog. Looking forward to your fajita recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara! You have NO IDEA how incredible these were. They are the best margs I've ever had! :)

    ReplyDelete