Wednesday, August 11, 2010

30 second salad dressing

Seriously. 

In the mornings before work, I am constantly in a scramble.  I try to make my lunch and breakfast at the same time (and sometimes dinner).  My kitchen is a zoo.  After feeding the elephants and penguins (sorry lame joke), I make a quick salad.  My dilemna with paleo eating has always been salad dressing.  What are you to do when you are trying to cut back on sugars and sodium, along with carbs and dairy?  The solution:  a simple lemon. 

On top of your salad, grind a bunch (and I mean more than you think you will like) freshly ground pepper.  Then, drizzle on some olive oil (I probably add 1/4-1/2 Tbsp.).  Then I cut a lemon wedge and throw it in my tupperware with the salad.  Come lunch time, I squeeze the lemon on the salad, stir it on up, and eat!  The same method also works great with lime, orange, and if you are brave, grapefruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment