Friday, August 6, 2010

Cookie Monster

COoooOOOOkkkkkiEeeeeeessssSSSS!!

I need cookies! I found these here. I did not have Yacon Syrup (sounds like you tap a pig for syrup), so I substituted for Molasses.

Molasses Cookies
1 1/2 c. almond flour
a pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. canola (or preferred oil)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Add wet to dry. Roll into balls and place on a lined (either baking paper or foil) cookie sheet. Makes 12 cookies. Cook for 8 minutes.

As we all know, not every recipe turns out the way we wanted it to. Sadly, this is an example of such a sad fate. My inner cookie monster is not satisfied. These turned out not sweet, and if anything, (strangely) salty. I would definitely add somewhere around 1/4 c. of agave to these to sweeten them up. I wonder if the mysterious Yacon Syrup made Elana's recipe sweeter...

No comments:

Post a Comment