Monday, September 20, 2010

Leggo My Eggoplant!

Here's a new recipe I created tonight for dinner.  My mom had told me that she tried this a while ago with regular flour and it got me thinking:  can it be done with almond flour?  Yes, yes it can.

"Nut" Fried Eggplant
1 eggplant, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch discs
2 omega-3 enriched eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. Chef's Shake (Italian seasoning)
2 c. almond flour
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a small bowl (large enough to dredge the eggplant in), add eggs and beat.  In another small bowl, add almond flour, and Chef's Shake; mix.

On an edged cookie sheet, spread out olive oil with a brush.  Dredge the eggplant in the egg then in the almond flour mixture.  Place on oiled cookie sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Serve with marinara sauce and artichokes to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment