Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicken Breasts with Leeks

I've been eyeing a recipe involving leeks for about two years now.  I figured it was time to try it.  It was my latest brave thing.  I thought it turned out pretty good.  My husband it turns out is not a big leek fan.  :)




Chicken Breasts with Leeks
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp freshly ground pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
Oil of choice
1 bundle of leeks
1/4 c. chicken broth

In a large frying pan, put in a couple tablespoons of oil.  Cover chicken breasts with seasonings; place in frying pan.  Cover and cook for roughly 5 minutes over medium heat.  Add leeks to frying pan along with chicken broth.  Continue to cook on low-medium heat covered for roughly 15 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through and broth turns into a sauce on the bottom of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment